Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
EECBG & SEP Southeast Regional Peer Exchange for Grantees and Sub-Recipients
Thursday, March 3, 2011 from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM (EST)
Miami Beach, FL
EECBG & SEP Southeast Regional Peer Exchange:
The U.S. Department of Energy is pleased to announce the Technical Assistance Program (TAP) Southeast Regional Peer Exchange Meeting, which will happen on March 3rd, 2011 at the Miami Beach Convention Center, during day 1 of the MiaGreen Conference and Expo. At this meeting we look forward to providing you with:
- Discussions on EECBG & SEP best practices, featuring your peers;
- A forum to begin thinking and planning for the period beyond ARRA, by creating self-sustaining programs and filling funding gaps;
- Access to DOE and technical subject matter experts; and
- Networking opportunities with your fellow grantees.
At these meetings you can:
- Share your experiences with other EECBG & SEP grantees implementing similar projects – What has worked well? What have the challenges been? How did you overcome them?
- Make lasting connections with other energy practitioners in your region, to continue to share your knowledge and collaborate on future projects and programs.
- Return to your office with renewed energy and insight.
All EECBG and SEP grantees and sub-recipients in AR, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, PR, SC, TN, USVI, as well as their project partners are invited.
By registering for the Regional Peer Exchange meeting, you will ALSO have access to the MiaGreen Conference and Expo, March 3-4 (Thursday and Friday). For more information on the MiaGreen program - CLICK HERE.
The $20 registration fee will be waived for the first 150 attendees that register. By registering for the DOE TAP Peer Exchange, attendees will have the following access during the 2-day MiaGreen Conference and Expo:
- Access to the Exhibitor Hall and the Featured Opening Sessions for both days of the MiaGreen Event, March 3-4.
- Access to the DOE TAP Peer Exchange sessions on March 3.
- Access to TAP Sessions will be “by invitation only” and all attendees will be invited EECBG or SEP grantees or sub-recipients, or will be attending on behalf of the invited grantees and sub-recipients.
- Registration for any additional MiaGreen Educational Sessions on March 4 will be subject to additional fees (visit the MiaGreen website for more information)
If you have any questions about the event, please contact your local Regional Coordinator for Technical Assistance -- Mitch Brown, 404-861-7227 / email@example.com
MEETING AGENDA (subject to change)
Thursday, March 3rd - Southeast Regional Peer Exchange for EECBG and SEP Grantees and Subrecipients
7:00 am Registration Opens
8:30 - 10:00 MiaGreen Featured Opening Session - CLEAN ENERGY MARKETS: What’s Now…What’s Next! (speakers to be announced)
10:00 - 10:30 Main Exhibit Hall: Attendees will have an opportunity to tour Exhibit Hall booths
10:30 - 11:00 Welcome from DOE and Miami-Dade County
11:00 - 12:15 Panel Session 1 & 2 in separate breakout rooms
12:15 - 1:00 Lunch (on-site with vouchers provided by DOE)
1:00 to 2:15 Panel Session 1 & 2 in separate breakout rooms
2:15 to 3:45 Office Hours and Facilitated Peer Exchange
3:45 to 5:15 Panel Session 3: Leading by Example: Best Practices for Financing and Driving Demand for Retrofits
5:15 to 5:30 Closing remarks
Panel Session 1: Strategies for Sustainable Energy Programs through Alliance Building and Integrated Energy Planning
Panel Session 2: Leading by Example in Public Buildings: ESPCS, Benchmarking, and Renewable Projects
Friday, March 4th - OPTIONAL DAY 2 MiaGreen Expo and Conference
DOE and TAP reps will be present for the day at a 10 x 10 Booth in the exhibitor hall for office hours and Q&A
7:30 am Registration opens
8:30-10:00 am Featured Opening Session (included in DOE TAP event registration)
10:00 am Exhibit Hall opens (included in DOE TAP event registration)
11:00 am-12:15 pm Educational Sessions (Breakouts) (extra fees may apply)
12:15-1:30 pm Lunch break in the Exhibit Hall
1:30-2:45 pm Educational Sessions (Breakouts) (extra fees may apply)
3:00-4:15 pm Educational Sessions (Breakouts) (extra fees may apply)
4:30-5:00 pm Network in the Exhibit Hall
5:00 pm Exhibit Hall closes
***For more details on the MiaGreen Program go to this link:http://www.miagreen.com/english/program_english.html
When & Where
U.S. Department of Energy Technical Assistance Program
The Department of Energy’s (DOE) Technical Assistance Program (TAP) supports the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program (EECBG) and the State Energy Program (SEP) by providing state, local, and tribal officials the tools and resources needed to implement successful and sustainable clean energy programs.
Through TAP, DOE has launched a $25 millon effort to assist EECBG and SEP Recovery Act recipients. This effort, which is jointly-funded with EECBG and SEP Recovery Act dollars, is aimed at accelerating payments, improving project and program performance, and increasing the return on Recovery Act investments.
Visit the Solution Center at
Using DOE Grant Funds to Cover Meeting Travel Costs
Grantees may utilize EECBG grant funds for travel without requiring a budget modification, so long as they have not reached the 10% ceiling on administration funds, even if travel was not budgeted for in previous budgets. Please notify your DOE project officer if you will be using grant funds to cover travel costs.
SUGGESTED HOTEL: A block of rooms has been secured for the Southeast regional meeting attendees. This hotel is within easy walking distance of the conference facility. Guests should call the hotel directly and ask for the discounted group room rate for the 'National Renewable Energy Laboratory'.
Note: the deadline for this room block is February 18th.
Royal Palm Hotel
1545 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139